Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 49: I Finally Took a Rest Day....Kinda

Last night my friend Breanne and I went to see Britney Spears in concert, and it was amazing!  One really funny thing happened that I just have to share. 

I think I mentioned in one of my older posts that there is a specific song that I've heard during most of my WOD's because for whatever reason, when Mike puts his iPhone on shuffle, it always comes on.  So now when I hear that song outside of Crossfit, I want to cover my ears and cry.  There was no chance in hell hearing that song performed at a Britney concert right?  WRONG!


Nicki Minaj was her opener and me not being a huge fan, had no idea that she is featured in "that" song.  So when it started playing, I was like "are you freaking serious?" and just had to text Molly:

Karen:  Annnn Niki Menage (Spelling?) just sang the song that makes me think of crossfit.  I want to cry.

Molly:  Haha! R U in fetal position with your hands over you ears??? Cause that might be awkward. hahah

Molly:  Hey now I know who sings your most hated song!


I've kept my most hated song a secret from Mike and Molly for obvious reasons, so please accept that as your first and last clue.  If either of you correctly guess the song, I will do Burpees and Double Unders for the length of the song.

I got home SUPER late that night and slept through the Sunday WOD.  It probably was best that I didn't go, as I had gone to 7 WOD's in a row without a rest. 

Sunday Dennis and I had to clear out one of the guest rooms in our house since it is being redone (which included a Treadmill, a 3 part corner shelf, and a cabinet) and I have to say we did a great job.

Just that same afternoon I was talking to Dennis about how one of the affiliate Crossfit websites had a discussion about why should people do Crossfit and their answers were spot on.  It talked about how crossfit prepares you for any type of physically demanding activity.  Whether it's running from one side of the airport to another, competing for a medal, or carrying groceries to your car, crossfit does exactly that, makes you Cross Fit. 

So we had to move these HUGE pieces of furniture that in the past we had to get friends to help.  Not this time.  Dennis and I were able to lift that insanely heavy Treadmill into the other room, with little struggle on our own.  I remember a time when we moved I was simply the "supervisor." Not anymore!






No comments:

Post a Comment