Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 47: Running and Push ups...YAY

Today I knew that if I didn't go to the WOD in the morning, I wouldn't be able to go at all.  There wasnt' much pressure to go again since I was on a bender, but no harm in going if I was up for it. 

I woke up and tried to convince Dennis to join me, but he was too tired so I went alone. (Actually he was being whiney that the WOD was going to take 30 minutes + and would make him late for work). 

The WOD was all running and pushups and I very much enjoyed it.  During the runs I walked if I needed to and if I needed a quick rest during the push ups I took it.  The impressive part was that I was able to make up time during the push ups.  My arm strength is really increasing. 

I had a long conversation with Molly the other day and we've both noticed that my recoveries have become much quicker than they used to be.  I can remember having to stop after only a few reps and have to take 30+ seconds to muster up the energy to keep going.  Now, I can get a good amount of reps in before I have to break and my breaks are 20 seconds at the most.  This is a good thing!

I feel as my breaks get less frequent and shorter, my endurance will build.  Eventually I'd like to do WOD unbroken and not have to walk during the runs.  This would be a huge win for me. 


Skill:
500 Meter Row
5 x 7 Front Squats 55lbs

WOD:
1600 Meter Run
25 Hand Release Push Ups
1200 Meter Run
50 HRPU
800 Meter Run
75 HRPU

Time 30:29

No comments:

Post a Comment