Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 45: Get Out of My Head

Back in High School I was a proud member of the Norwalk High School Marching Band for 4 years. 

Ok are you done laughing yet? Can I continue?

Joining the band meant that I had to give up two weeks of summer for band camp (please no American Pie jokes, I've heard them all since I coincidentally played the flute) and underwent some military-est drills. 

We spent the mornings learning our music, afternoons were spent learning marching drills, and evenings were spent coming together as an entire band (300ish members) and practicing music and drills as a whole.

If you messed up your music or messed up your marching you were punished with either push ups or laps around the field holding your instrument over your head.  This went on Monday - Friday for two weeks, and then a lesser version of this happened through out the school year.  So for a freshman, it was pretty intense. 

WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS??

I remember after the first few days of Band Camping I would find myself having dreams about it.  How awful is that?  I would spend all day there, and then have nightmares about doing laps and push ups at night.  Well, I knew it would happen, but I just didn't know when it would,  but a few days ago I had my first Crossfit nightmare. 

I don't remember too much detail of the dream, but I knew I had to go from obstacle to obstacle and I received a Crossfit T-Shirt for each station I did a workout at. 

At first I was quite disturbed that I was dreaming about Crossfit, but as I type about it and think about it, I find it pretty neat.  I have 100% embraced myself to Crossfit and clearly its always on my mind.  I go there 4-5 times a week, I blog about it, I wear the T-shirts in hopes somebody will ask about, and now I'm dreaming about it!  Can we say commitment or should we say commit her?  hahaha. 

btw out Marching Band was awesome, we were EMBA champions and ranked 22 in BOA (Bands of America).  We did traveling competitions and performed at the Orange Bowl with the Big Bad Voodoo Daddys when Donovan McNabb played (so I was on the same field as him). 

btw Ask Dennis how he feels about me being in the Marching Band.  Ha!!



Skill:
2 Rounds
1,000 Meter Row
100 Double Under

WOD:
AMRAP 15 Minutes
200 Meter Run
Over Head Squats

If you drop the bar, you have to run 200 Meters

Total Rep Count 65

No comments:

Post a Comment