Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 31: New Body? Yes Please!

It's always been very hard for me to see changes in my body.  I see myself every day (in the mirror) so when something changes slowly over time (like weight loss) it's hard to notice the differences.  I know that I am losing weight by the number on the scale, but the far more exciting part is the way my clothes are fitting me.

When I started the Biggest Loser Contest in April, I was so excited.  The contest was ending a week before I was in my friends wedding, which of course I wanted to look slim for.  I had already ordered the bridesmaid dress using my "as is" measurements and was hoping for improvements.

After the contest was over, I was 13ish lbs lighter and I had to get the dress taken in, and more importantly, I was comfortable and confident wearing the dress.  WINNING!

I also started taking side, front, and back pictures of myself every few weeks to see the changes.  This was a terrific way to see my progress since it was near impossible to judge them on a daily basis. 

So, after 8 weeks of the Biggest Loser Challenge and 31 days of the Best Shape of My Life Challenge, my clothes are suddenly hanging off me.

Just yesterday I wore a shirt I wasn't able wear before because I couldn't button it up.  Hooray!

I now need a belt for my work pants, and lots of my Jeans have extra space around the waist (aka no Muffin Top).



Weight loss is a funny thing...and by funny I mean kinda frustrating.  Don't get me wrong, I've celebrate each of those small victorys but I really wish there was a way to burn fat in the areas that I want, in the order that I want. 

I know that my round stomach is going to be the last thing to go.  WHY?  WHY? WHY? 

Dennis informed me that you can't "target" where your fat burns, you just have to let it go in it's own time and order.  And since I pretty much believe whatever he says, I, defeated just respond "What the Heck." 

I PROMISE you all that if I reach my goal of 140ish...I will post my before and after pictures. 


Today was a rest day.  If you are wondering why, please reread Day 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment