Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 27 & 28: Crossfit KOP


Day 27: Rest Day!

Day 28: Crossfit KOP

I visited a new Crossfit Box on Sunday and arrived for the Sunday 10:00am class. 

We started with a 400m Warm Up Run (which lead us right by an Ice Cream shop which I just thought was wrong), High Knees, Butt Kicks, and a bunch of stretching with PVC pipes. 

The Skill was to find your Max Back Squat Weight.  I've done Back Squats before, but usually I only use the woman's bar, but the trainer there was excited that no matter what weight I added, I'd get a PR. 

We were supposed to do 5 x 5 x 3 x 3 x 1 x 1.  Does anybody know what that means? 

The trainer gave me some very helpful and useful tips:

1.  Take off your sneakers.  I wear running shoes, which are not good for weight lifting.  Once I did a rep without my sneakers on, I could feel the difference.  My weight was more on my heels rather than my toes. 

2. Take of your wedding rings.  He didn't want me to bang up my pretty rock. 

3. Make sure my ass goes out before my knees. 

4. Make sure to squat all the way down and when I come up to get back into standing position, no cheating!

I also got some nice comments while there.  The gentleman next to me commented on my form and said that even when he could see that I was tired or almost maxed out, I kept my form and my speed very nicely.

The trainer also noted that I am much stronger than I think I am. 

So needless to say, the visit was very positive and I was happy I got in my 5th WOD of the week, scoring me 20 points for the workouts. 

Luckily Crossfit KOP had a shower facility stocked with towels, soap, and shampoo.  The ladies at the Baby Shower that I attending afterwards were grateful for that :)


Skill:
Find your Max Back Squat Weight
5 x 5 x 3 x 3 x 1 x 1

My Max:  133

WOD:
5 Minute AMRAP
3 Back Squat (70% of Max)  83lbs
6 Clapping Push Ups

6 +3 


No comments:

Post a Comment