Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 38: I've Reached My Goal!

As I have stated in previous posts, one of my goals here was to be in the 140's (so 140 - 149.9) before my trip to Vegas on September 23rd.  This morning at 5:00am I weighed myself and to my delight I saw: 149.6!!!

I was beyond excited. 

After my mini celebration in my head, I had to be real with myself.  Just because the scale says im in the 140's today doesn't mean that is my true weight and/or it doesn't mean I will be there tomorrow.  Yesterday (Day 37) I must have sweat-ed out at least 5lbs of water and I worked out for twice as long as I normally do, which could have impacted my scale weight for this morning. 

Don't get me wrong, I was already planning out how I was going to run up to Mike and Molly to hug them to mark the occasion, but I had keep in mind that I still have some work to do before I could really celebrate. 

Dennis and I attending the 6am Crossfit class this morning which leaves me the whole evening to do whatever I want....maybe more working out?

When I got to work I immediately posted my status as "Hello 140's" and the responses were remarkable. 


I know it seems trivial, but to have 9 people like my status and a good amount of comments makes me think that people really do care if I succeed.  Putting myself out there on FB and writing this blog makes me feel responsible for my actions.  In a way it motivates me to do well and to be honest when I dont.  So readers....thank you! 

So from now on, I'm not going to focus on my scale number as much.  I want to keep my weight in the 140s, but now I can focus on building strength and toning up.  I still have 64 more days until Vegas so hopefully I can keep the momentum going!

Skill:
1000 Meter Row (4:25)
50 Double Unders
1000 Meter Row (4:35)
50 Double Unders

WOD:
1.5 Mile Run
50 Pull Ups (Green/Purple Band)

21:18

No comments:

Post a Comment