Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 34: Can We Say Random?

For those of you that know me and know me well, typically nothing is out of the ordinary for me. 

One weekend I am jumping out of a plane, the next I'm throwing a bridal shower, going to Vermont for a Brewfest, or even camping in NY.  So basically I live a very wide ranged and colorful life.  Out of all the weird/crazy things I do, I have to rank this weekend as one of the most RANDOM WEEKENDS of my life. 

My husband Dennis had signed up for a Triathlon on Sunday so we kept the weekend clear of travel plans. 

Random happening #1:  My friend Ricky from CT who I haven't seen in over a year asks if it is ok for him to spend the weekend with us.  No big deal there.

Random happening #2: My friend from New Hampshire that I went to College with that I haven't seen in 6 years and his wife that I've never met just happened to have a wedding this weekend and wanted to stop by to see me on Saturday. 

Random happening #3:  My two friends from Norwalk who haven't been down to PA to see me since I moved here in 2007 were picking up their new puppy in PA on Sunday and wanted to stop in to say hi. 

Random happening #4:  A HUGE tree fell in our neighbors yard which had to be removed on Saturday which caused the biggest ruckus in our neighborhood...aka every person that lived within 3 miles of the tree had to come over and watch the tree removal. 


Friday was a pretty chill night.  As Day 33 said, Dennis and I had already gotten our WOD in so Dennis went to softball and I stayed in with Ricky and just hung out. 

I WAS going to go to the Saturday Morning WOD, but it was the "Karen" aka 150 Wall Balls and even though the work out was named after me, I felt as if I was somehow being made fun of so I boycotted.  :) 

That morning the three of us (Dennis, Ricky, and I) walked down to Cedar Park to watch Crossfit Compete in Sportsfest, which ended up being the coolest thing ever!  There were quite a few participants from 610 and even though Dennis and I weren't in the competition, we wanted to show our support. 

Dennis had golf at 1pm with his friends so Ricky and I went to Dorney Park.  The weather was amazing and surprisingly the lines weren't too bad.  We walked to and from the park which was good exercise in addition to saving us paying for parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment