Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 41: I Spent 2 Hours Watching Other People Workout

Today I threw my Sister-in-Law a Surprise Baby Sprinkle.  For those of you that don't know what that is, a Baby Sprinkle is a smaller version of a baby shower given to someone who is expecting their 2nd child, especially if it is of the opposite sex. 

With that said I made a batch of my delicious cupcakes:



But I was able to resist!  Even though my house was full of yummy treats, I stayed away from the desserts and ate as healthily as I could.  Any left over cupcakes are going straight to the office for my co-workers to enjoy!

After the Sprinkle was over and everybody left my house, Dennis and I realized we had a Saturday Night with  no plans.  So what did we decide to do?  We thought it would be fun to drive down to West Chester to watch Crossfit610 compete in the "Lockdown."

The Lockdown was a crossfit competition held at CrossFit Explode where you were required to do 12 WODS in 12 hours starting at 8pm and ending at 8am.  Crazy Right? I can barely handle 1 WOD per 24 hours! 

So at about 10:00pm Dennis, Dave (Dennis' Cousin), and I walk into the Crossfit Explode and I was immediately hit with the smell of heat, rubber, and sweat.  We walked in just in time to see our own Mike Abgarian doing a WOD.  He is a machine!

After he was done we said our hello's to fellow 610ers and hung around to see a few more heats.  The whole thing was so amazing to watch. 

On the way home I did have to laugh because I just spent 2 hours watching OTHER people working out, kind of a funny thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment