Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 35: My Little Triathlete

Today was Dennis' triathlon but sadly last minute they cancelled the bike portion of the race.  Let's just say that Dennis was FURIOUS!  I know how much these events mean to him and he's done this Tri a few times and he uses it to measure his improvements.  The entire way up to Bath we had to listen to Dennis rant about how incompetent Pirarra Sports is and how unhappy he was (mind you its barely past 6am....way too early for a Dennis rant). 

HOWEVER Dennis channelled his rage in the way I had hoped, in the competition.  I watched as the swimmers took off and right away saw the pack heading towards the first buoy and Dennis veering off to the left.  Finally he realized what he was doing and he was back in the pack.  Once he was out of site, I waited where the swimmers got out of the water in hopes to see Dennis. 

I expected Dennis to get out of the water with the main pack and to my delightful surprise, he was probably the 10th person out of the water.  I was so proud, surprised, and excited!  I stayed and watched my two other competing friends come out of the water, and then I moved to the running finish line. 

About 25 minutes later, Dennis came barrelling down the finish line.  I was so proud and happy for him and in typical Dennis fashion was already beating himself up about  how he could have done better and wasn't giving himself the credit he deserved.  MEN!!! 

You can read Dennis' perspective of the whole event by clicking on "My Husband's More Interesting Blog" on the right hand side. 

The rest of the day we spent watching Crossfit610 play dodgeball which was very amusing and having a very nice dinner later that evening. 

No plans to go to the morning WOD tomorrow morning, but I will sure be there at 5pm. 

Hope everybody got a chance to enjoy this amazing Summer Weather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment