Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 33: Stupid Tortilla Chips!

Another Morning WOD in the books.

Dennis and I decided to go before work today because our weekend is once again, super hectic, and we are trying keep with our 3-4 WOD goal per week. 

The WOD was very strength based, but I did what I could and of course I was happy I went. 

One of our coworkers last day is today and as a company we all decide to go out to lunch, Rich's choice, so he picks On The Border.  Not a HUGE fan of the place, but I am able to get the menu online and pick out a Paelo friendly meal.  I am super confident that I will be ok eating lunch out today.  We sit down and what is the first thing they put in front of us?

Mother F*cker
It's upsetting enough that I have to limit what I am eating every time we go out for food, but they have to place bottomless tortilla chips and salsa right in front of me.  The guy next to me is munching down on these things commenting how he "can't stop eating them" and how delicious they are. 

It took every ounce of me to just sit there gripping my water and trying to not think about how much I wanted the chips. 

Then it dawned on me.  I don't want the chips.  I know that the body and health that I am building will bring me more lasting joy than the quick enjoyment of chips and salsa.  I sat there drinking my water, smirking, as my temptations for unhealthy yet delicious, food is rock strong.


Definitely Couldn't Button that Shirt Up 12 Weeks Ago

SKILL:
5x5 Front Squats (75lbs Max)

WOD:
30 Clean and Jerks for Time

6:20 35lb Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment