Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 20: Valley Forge Park to Philly Art Museum by Bike

Today Dennis, Kyle and I woke up early (for a Saturday) and rode our bikes from Valley Forge Park and rooooode all the way to the Philly Art Museum.  A bike trip totaling 44 miles. 

The day was exceptional beautiful.  Blue skys, shaded spots on the ride, and I felt like a beast on my bike.

I'd LIKE to give Crossfit a lot of the credit here even though the WODs are short workouts, I truly believe the high intensity of them contribute to my new awesome endurancece. 

The ride to the Art Museum we made fantastic time, making it to Manayunk in just over an hour.  It was too early for lunch, so we decided to bike to the Art Museum where we decided to feel a bit accomplished:



We each took a picture with our bikes over our heads representing our challenge of the day. 

We rode back to Manayunk, ate lunch and started a 15 mile ride back to the car.  Those last miles were VERY hard, but we made great time.  At some points I was going as slow as 10 mph BUT some points I was going as fast as 17.  Regardless of the speed, we rode for 44 miles which I highly doubt I would have been able to done without the training from Crossfit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment