Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 40: iPood

Today I went to Crossfit in the morning to get my 4th WOD in and out of the way before a busy weekend. 

The WOD was as follows:

3 Rounds
50 Double Unders
25 Kettlebell Swings

Lately I've been using the 35lb dumbbell instead of the 1 pood kettlebell, but for whatever reason, today I graduated:



This is one of the coolest things about Crossfit.  I had been using a 35lb dumbbell and was comfortable, if not confident, with that weight.  I used to look forward to WODS including kettlebell swings because I knew I owned them.

Molly put the 1 pood kettleball in front of me, adding about 1 or 2 more lbs, and I went for it.

My kettlebell swing quickly changed from comfortable to challenging, but that is ok.  If I stayed on the 35lbs I wouldn't be working.  I made it through the WOD with the 1 pood, and from now on, that is what I will used.  The girls perscribed is 1.5 pood, so I'm almost there. 

I love the fact that once you get comfortable with something, Mike and Molly know exactly when to increase your weights to bring you back to challenged.  Crossfit610 has an awesome saying painted on the wall,

"Get Comfortable Being Uncomfortable"


Skill:
500 Meter Row
2 Minute Rest
500 Meter Row

5 x 10 Front Squats

5 x 10 @ 35
5 x 10 @ 45
5 x 10 @ 50

WOD:
3 Rounds
50 Double Unders
25 Kettlebell Swings (1 pood)

16:26

No comments:

Post a Comment