Wednesday, August 31, 2011

23 Days to Vegas: Bruised and Broken



This is the picture I woke up to this morning....a fellow crossfitter took a spill  while visiting a box in Vegas.  GROSS! 

I felt really bad because I was the person who got her into Crossfit in the first place.  She was on the pull up bar and fell and luckily (sarcasm) there was a dumbell underneath her to soften her fall. 

I think before doing Crossfit I would never photograph my brusies, cuts, or blisters and now when I go into my iPhone photo gallery, that is all I find.  I think even though it stinks to get hurt, but for some reason there is a sense of pride in them. 

Today I am taking a rest day.  I have gone a good amount of days in a row and I need a rest.  I am going away on a mini vacation this weekend and will use the day to pack and get ready for my trip.  I have done some research to see if I can visit a new box while on vacation but the owners of the Crossfit Hyannis are away and the classes will not be held. 

Knowing this I have to make sure that I have some travel WODS handy and of course my new jump rope that Dennis bought me.  How sweet right?

No comments:

Post a Comment