Monday, August 22, 2011

32 Days to Vegas: Double Workout OMG


OK sorry about that Video, but that really cracks me up and when anybody says "Double Insert Noun Here" I will always respond with OMG! 

So since Dennis and I were feeling particularly shitty about our WOD-less weekend, we decided to do a double workout (OMG!).  We carefully packed our gym bags to get us through the AM workout, work, and then straight to the 7pm Open Gym. 

SKILL:
3 x 300 Meter Row
1 Minute Break Between
3 x 7 Back Squats (90lbs)
4 x 5 Should Press (55lbs)

WOD:
"Helen"
3 Rounds:
400 Meter Run
21 Kettlebell Swings (1 pood)
12 Pull Ups (Double Purple Band) (OMG!)

13:06

I was kinda sad about my time.  I have done "Helen" before (she is one of my favorites) and I had a time of 12:35.  I have to remember that my previous time was with a lighter Kettlebell and a more resistant pull up band.  Definitely keeps me eager to be better!

Fast Forward to 7pm

I arrived at Crossfit thinking I was going to do "Helen" again, but Trainer Evan said that it's not a good idea to do the same WOD twice in one day.  So I decided to get my burn on and do 30 minutes of cardio.

I did a 2,000 Meter row in 9:17.  Nobody else has dont a 2k row for time so guess who is on the PR board!?!

OH YEAH!
Then I decided to run a nice slow 800 meter run.  I didn't record my time but I'm assuming it took me about 8 minutes.

Then I did 10 minutes of Double Unders (OMG!..ok that was the last time I promise) and hitting my PR of 18 in a row!  The only issue with the ropes is they get woren down in the middle, which becomes wire and if you mess up your jumping this happens:
No Pain no Gain?

I am back on track with my dieting and I already feel great.  Eggs and fruit for breakfest, veggies for snacks, Chili for lunch, and trout for dinner.  Operation Vegas is back and in full effect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment