Monday, August 29, 2011

25 Days to Vegas: Thruster? I Don't Even Know Her!

It has occurred to me that I still have yet to repeat the same WOD and I hope I NEVER have to repeat the one we had to do today. 

To make matters worse, I promised myself that two times a week I would do two WODs....and today was one of them.  AYE!

I didn't make it to the 6am class, so now I had the entire day to dread my double work out. 

Trainer Molly knew we all were in for a hellish workout so she kept pumping us up by assuring us it was a mental workout more than anything.  I at first laughed it off....how can weightlifting be "all mental"? 

Here was the WOD:

"KALSU"
100 Thrusters
4 Burpees on the Minute every Minute until you get to 100 Thrusters. 




I got to about 30 Thrusters and I had a sheer moment of panic.  I thought there was zero chance of me finishing.  I wanted to quit and I didn't think I'd get this WOD done.  I would do two or three thrusters and then have to take a 20 second break, only to have to do my 4 burpees.  Then I would go two minutes without doing ANY thrusters.  I was freaking out. 

I finally go to 50, and I started convincing myself that the 2nd half wouldn't be worse....it was!  Every time I did a minute without any thrusters I would freak out even more....just delaying finishing.  I was practically crying mid WOD. 

After about 20+ minutes I had 10 left and thank the lord I got them in before the minute was up so I didn't have to do another set of burpees.  I set the bar down and just laid there on the ground trying to catch my breath. 

SKILL:
750 Meter Row
8 Rounds TABATA - Plank Holds
2x10 Back Squat
2x10 Shoulder Press

WOD:
KALSU
100 Thrusters (45lbs)
4 Burpees on the Minute every Minute until you get to 100 Thrusters. 

24:52


OH WAIT!  I STILL HAVE TO DO MY 2nd WOD. 

I decided for my 2nd WOD I would do Annie. 

"Annie"
50-40-30-20-10
DU
Abmat Sit Ups

13:47 RX 


Boy am I going to sleep well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment