Wednesday, August 24, 2011

30 Days to Vegas: KAREN....That Bitch!

Crossfit has this thing about naming workouts after either hero's or girls.  I think there are about 20 Girls workouts...and one of them just happens to be named....KAREN. 

I had dodged this bullet once before when 610's WOD was KAREN and I took the day off just to spite the workout.  Today though, I just couldn't skip. 

The prescribed weight of the wall ball is 14lbs, but since I couldn't remember the last time I did a wall ball I went with the 10lb ball.  And of course when it was over, I wished I had at least tried the 14lbs. 

The WOD went better than I thought, I was done in 10:09 and I was tired, but I felt pretty good. 



I told myself that until Vegas I have to go to Crossfit twice a day, twice a week in order to guarantee extra hotness.....so today was my two a day. 


I returned to CF with my friend Stephanie who wanted to give it a shot.  Stephanie who had some gymnastic experience really impressed me with her core strength.  It was a good time and we both enjoyed the WOD. 



SKILL:
10 Battle Ropes
10 Overhead Squats (35lbs)
4 Rounds
2 minute break


WOD:
Karen
150 Wall Balls 10lbs
10:09



SKILL:
Jump Ropes
Rowing


WOD:
50 DU
30 T2B
40 DU
25 T2B
30 DU
20 T2B
20 DU
15 T2B
10 DU
10 T2B

No comments:

Post a Comment