Saturday, August 27, 2011

27 Days to Vegas: Windy's First Group WOD

Since I've joined Crossfit, it's 90% of what I talk about.  When I have lunch with my coworkers, I see how long I can go without  mentioning Crossfit or talking about the WOD I did that morning....I usually don't last too long without it coming up.  The good news about this is that one of my coworkers told his wife about it, she came to a Free Woman's class with me, and ended up joining!  She took all of her element classes (3 classes you have to take before you can workout with the group) and was ready for her first Group WOD. 

The WOD was a Hero, which is typically harder, but Windy did great and I was really proud of her.  The class was packed so there were two heats, which allowed the people in the 2nd heat to walk around and help people in the first heat, which was much appreciated. 

After the WOD was done, Dennis and I ran lots of errands to prepare for Irene and to get some major housework done.  We are redoing two rooms in our house (paint and carpet) so we stocked up on paint supplies and groceries. 

We got home and were just completely exhausted from the week, WOD, and shopping.  I immediately went upstairs to lay down and took a 3 hour nap.  My arms were Jello, and I simply did not feel like doing anything.  This is a reoccurring pattern on Saturdays and/or Sundays when the WOD's are extra hard.  The wonderful thing is, it's a GOOD tired feeling.  It's not a "I stayed up too late" tired.  It's a "I've used a ton of energy being physical and I just need to nap tired."  I FREAKING LOVE IT!

WOD:
5 Rounds
5 Power Cleans
10 Front Squats
5 Jeks
20 Pull Ups
90 Second Rest Between Rounds

27:56  (65lbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment