Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 52: Festivus, A Competition for the Rest of Us

Everybody has Competition on the brain since the 2011 Crossfit Competition in CA just finished.  I was able to watch a few of the heats and I had nothing but respect for the competitors.  They are all absolute BEASTS! 

Obviously Dennis and I are no where near that level but lucky for us we found this:


On Saturday November 19th, Crossfit Relentless in West Hartford, CT is throwing their 2nd Festivous Competition.  The cool thing about this is that it is only for Novice and Intermediate Crossfitters. 

Dennis is more than excited for the event, as he love competing and this seems like a great gateway event for him.  As for me, I am way on the fence.  I think my biggest problem with these types of things is that I'm afraid I'm going to embarrass myself and Crossfit610. 

Here are the parameters of the event:

DIVISIONS: 

These groupings are loose and intended as guidelines -- i.e., if you match 2 out of 3 descriptors, that would be the proper division for you.

NOVICE - Women's (2k row over 9:30 (CHECK), deadlift under 200 (CHECK), cannot do 5 pull ups in a row unassisted (CHECK))
NOVICE - Men's (2k row over 8:30, deadlift under 300, cannot do 10 pull ups in a row unassisted)

INTERMEDIATE - Women's (2k row under 9:30 (NOPE), deadlift over 200 (NOPE), can do 5 kipping pull ups in a row (NOPE))
INTERMEDIATE - Men's (2k row under 8:30, deadlift over 300, can do 10 or more kipping pull ups in a row)


I fall into the Women's Novice category, so that isn't an issue, it's a matter of confidence. There is still plenty of time to train for this, BUT, typically these things mess with my head and cause me anxiety. So readers, I have to ask:

Should I sign up or should I pass?  Let's Hear it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment