Sunday, August 21, 2011

34 & 33 Days to Vegas: Rest Weekend

I'm not exactly sure what happend, but I failed to do my traveling WODs that I had planned to do over the weekend. 

Dennis and I left for the shore Friday evening after work and arrived at about 10pm.  We got up nice and early (thanks crossfit for conditioning me to wake up NATURALLY at 5am now), and we started with a nice breakfast on the boardwalk.  I was good, got a veggie omelet with a side of sliced tomatoes instead of hash browns and toast and Dennis and I agreed to do the traveling WOD after. 

Well...that didn't happen.  We just kinda didn't bring it up and got ready for the beach. 

We set up camp right near the water and just relaxed.  Two of our friends met up with us and we just sat on the beach, responsibly drinking, and going for a dip the water when we got too hot.  The weather was perfect and it was just a much needed day. 

Once we left the beach Dennis and I headed out for a nice dinner at the Crap Trap.  I tried to be good, but the dinner rolls and fried shrimp were too much for me.  I had to indulge, so I did.  Sigh. 

Later that evening, Dennis and I walked the boardwalk and good lord does that test your self control!  Ice cream, Taffy, fudge, pizza, funnel cakes...repeat!  By the end of our walk I just HAD to get a slice of pizza, and to be honest, I wasn't that impressed. 



Sunday we traveled back home and when we got back I went into super organization mode.  We are redoing two rooms in our house and we just moved our bedroom to the top floor, so basically the house is a mess.  I made some major progress Sunday, but still didn't get a WOD in. 

Dennis and I have decided that from now on we are going to go twice a day on  Mondays and Thursdays.  We will do the WOD in the morning and then come back for open gym to work on some of the moves that we are still having trouble with...and of course to help burn off those extra treats we had this weekend! 

BTW I need to always wear sunscreen....always!!

I think my face says it all, "OUCH!"

No comments:

Post a Comment