Thursday, August 25, 2011

29 Days to Vegas: How Low Can You Go?

Two a days are hard!  Even though I was extremely tired and my hands were distroyed from the T2B's I still got up for the 6am WOD today.  I knew we were going to be doing some pull ups so I grabbed my Bike Gloves to try to make them less painful.....they helped...a little. 


Yes, those are ripped callouses!

We started out with dynamic stretching which I always consider a gift.  This is where as a group we spend a few minutes doing different stretches to really loosen up our bodies.  It feels amazing.  Again it's a gift. 

Today I had a doctor's appointment (more on this in another Blog) and I had to laugh.  When the nurse took my pulse she asked me if I was either a runner or an extreme athlete.  I said no I'm not a runner, but I guess you can consider what I do and extreme sport, why?  She said that my beats per minute was in the 50's which is way lower than the typical 80-60 range.  I laughed and just chalked it up as another health benefit of Crossfit. 

I remember when I was in college I would constantly bug my friend that was an EMT to take my resting heart rate.  I knew that athletes had lower than average heart rates and since I was very active in college I was currious what mine was.  The lowest I ever got it was 70.....so I've taken that PR and crushed it. 

Tomorrow is going to be my first rest day this week and I am very much looking forward to it.  No big traveling plans this weekend so I am hoping to get both the Saturday and Sunday WOD in. 

SKILL:
Dynamic Stretching


WOD:
21-15-9
Chest to Bars (double purple band)
Box Jumps (24 Inces)  NEW PR!

9:00

GOAT:
30 Reps Pistols
30 Reps Overhead Squat (45lbs)
400 Meter Run

No comments:

Post a Comment