Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 55: "The End" plus some Hashing

Since camping got cancelled Dennis and I attended the Saturday WOD.  At first it looked very intimidating but I left Crossfit feeling uber empowered.  The WOD was the same routine that the Crossfit Competitors had to do in their last heat, aka, The End.  I really really really liked today's WOD. 

After that was done my friend Cory had asked me to attend a Hash that he was running (bare with me) and since I had no other plans, I agreed.  For those of you who do not know what Hashing is here is the explanation.

Basically it's a group of people who enjoy two things, running and drinking.  They combined these two activities by having a running course with about three or four check points where you drink.  The catch?  You have to follow clues left by the people running the  hash.  What are the clues?  Piles of flour randomly put on the ground. 

It is 100% a cult thing.  If it is your first hash, you are referred to as a Virgin until you are initiated by having to chug a beer while everybody else sings a song.  Whatever isn't finished by the end of the song you have to pour over your head.  After that you are referred to as "Just Your Name" (Example: I am Just Karen) until you are "named" with some vulgar term.  Luckily I am Just Karen, but some of my friends are "Golden Shower", "Ass Wipe", "Hole Patrol", and "ArithmeDick." 

Don't worry, I didn't drink at the check points, just had some water to rehydrate.  I must say that running has become much easier to me.  My breath is much steadier and I had way more endurance.  It was a good time, but after a WOD and the Hash, I was spent for the rest of the day.  Tomorrow is going to be a Rest Day for sure!


WOD:

"The End"
20 Calories on the Rower
30 Wall Balls
20 Toes to Bar
30 Box Jumps
20 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls
30 Burpees
20 Shoulder to Overhead
200 Meter Run w/25lb Plate

19:27

No comments:

Post a Comment