Tuesday, August 16, 2011

38 Days to Vegas: Happy Birthday Crossfit610

Today is Crossfit610's 1 year birthday and I couldn't be happier to be part of the team/family.  My only regret?  I wish I had joined sooner!! 

I am so happy that Mike and Molly decided to open Crossfit610 and they have done a fantastic job running the box and training all the members, and they have forever changed me physically and mentally. Cheers to 1 year and to many, many  more!  


And now for the hard part of my blog......

When I first joined Crossfit I was completely intimidated, scared beyond belief, and wasn't your "traditional Crossfit client."  I was an elliptical type of girl that wanted to lose some weight and I never thought Trainer Mike and Molly would ever see anything more in me than that.  It's rare that this happens, but I was completely wrong. 

Mike made me feel welcomed and comfortable (ok well not ALWAYS comfortable) when at 610.  As long as I was willing to try what they asked of me, Mike would work with my ability level yet keep me challenged.  He made sure I was doing things correctly and always gave me a sense of accomplishment after the WODs and he always saw my potential.

As long as I walked into the gym everyday willing to work, he never quit on me, and here I am, dare to say a success story and walking advocate of Crossfit610.  

So Mike, I am very happy that you will be opening a new box in Long Beach, NY and if you run this box in the same manner as 610 I have faith that you will be nothing but successful.  You and Molly are extra ordinary trainers and more importantly you guys have become my friends, which I think means more.  Thank you again for everything you have done and taught me.  
 


Skill:
2,000 Meter Row (Under 10 minutes)
400 Meter Run
25 Rebound Box Jumps (20")

WOD:
365 Burpees

Karen 165
Cailtin 200
22 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment