Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Won! & Special Guest at 610

It was announced on the Crossfit610 blog that I won in the most weight lost based on %!  YAYYYYYYY!!!



Today I attended the Women's Only 7pm Class with my co-worker's wife Windy.  Windy just had a baby in March and she is looking to lose some of her gained baby weight. 

Her and I were the only two at the class which was awesome.  Typically the women's only class you get an introduction to Crossfit and after a brief instruction you do "Helen" which is 3 rounds of 400m run, 21 KB swings, and 12 push ups.  While Windy did that, I had to do "Fran." 

I was going to do Fran with the 45lb bar, increasing my weight by 10, but the issue with that is without weights on the bar its harder to clean.  So Molly suggested I use a 35lb bar with...two 10's making it 55lbs.  I was a little unsure about it at first.

Let's face it, "Fran" sucks.  It seems/looks so easy but 4 minutes into it you are winded like no other.  I used the green band for the pull ups and finished the WOD in just under 10 Minutes. 

Windy did an excellent job on "Helen" and I am hopeful that she ends up joining 610. 

Congrats to everybody who participated in the Best Shape of Your Life Challenge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment