Friday, September 23, 2011

Vegas Trip Recap Day 1 of 3

After having my mind set on going to Crossfit in LV for so long, I was really surprised not really wanting to go on Friday.  I knew that if I didn't go today I wouldn't go at all, so Dennis and I hailed a cab and $25 dollars later we were there!


Once there, I felt really good about my decision.  We were very early for the 10am class so I decided to get some rowing in for my 100,000 meter challenge.  After about 15 minutes it was time to start the WOD.

I'm not sure what I was expecting but the warm up kicked my ass.  We had to grab 14lbs (for the girls) medicine balls and run around the building.  Then we had to do 10 kipping swings, followed by 5 burppes and then that whole circut three times.  I'm already winded!

After that we did 4 sets of 3 reverse pull ups.  That means that at the top of your pull up you bring yourself down as sllllllllowly as possible. 

Then it was time for the WOD. 

8 Rounds of 2 Minutes to complete:

5 Shoulder Press
4 Push Press
3 Jerks

I completed all 8 rounds using 35lbs. 


After we were done with CF, we had some free time until we had to rent a car to get to our photo shoot.  So we relaxed by the pool, gambled, and ate some food.  Nothing too overly exciting, but we wanted to keep it low key until after the pictures. 

Then at about 4pm we went to rent a car.  The guy at the desk says these magical words "we only  have one car left."  Dennis and I had no other choice so we rented:



Bumble Bee!
From 5:15 to 7:15 we drove around the Freemont/Vegas area and took really cool/creative photos.  I cannot wait until we get the pictures back!!!


Once back from photos, it was time to go to The Gallery nightclub in Planet Hollywood to celebrate Dennis' 30th birthday.  The club was really cool and being in the VIP section made it all the more enjoyable.




Wanna hear something crazy?  So in complete Vegas style, there were random girls that work at the club dressed in black panies and bras wearing masks dancing through out the club.  All of them of course very attractive and super toned.  They would dance alone or together, being super sexy, and then one of them actually did a handstand and did all sorts of leg movements while upside down.  I was completely obssessed with these girls and I kept wondering to myself.....do they do crossfit? 

With two minutes left of Dennis being 29....I was very nicely drunk and having a blast drinking and dancing!

Happy Birthday Dennis!

No comments:

Post a Comment