Tuesday, September 20, 2011

3 Days to Vegas: The First Rule of Crossfit...

So one of my favorite movies is Fight Club.  It started out with a harmless crush on Edward Norton and then as I watched the movie over and over again, it became one of my most favorite movies to quote (Jaws being my 2nd favorite quotable movie). 

Today made me think of a Fight Club quote:

Narrator: "So many people moving the house moved."

This quote was towards the end of the movie when Project Mayhem was growing rapidly and he had everybody preparing for the plan.  How on earth does this relate to Crossfit?




After I was done with my WOD (and some extra credit rowing) I stayed and watched some of the 6pm class.  The class wasn't abnormally packed, but it just felt like so many people were moving, and working hard, it felt like the whole place was moving and almost alive. 

There were people doing their clean squats, jumping rope, rowing, kettlebell swings, ring push ups....just a lot of activity. 

Today's WOD destroyed my arms, which made my pre and post rowing tourchous!  I know I have to keep at it to make it to 100,000 by October 15th.

Row: 1140 Meters

Skill: 7 x 3 Squat Cleans (70lbs) 90 Seconds to Do 3

WOD:
3 Rounds
3-2-1 Squat Cleands (70lbs)
40 DU
30 Kettlebell Swings 1.25 pood
20 Ring Push Ups (Scaled)

19:42

Row: 2500 Meters 



No comments:

Post a Comment