Saturday, September 10, 2011

13 Days to Vegas: Bar Buddy

NOTHING was stopping me from going to today's WOD.  I need a good ass whipping and I needed it asap. 

So since I've been crossfitting I have gotten 3 people to join and 6 people to try out a class.  I am pretty proud of this!  And statistically speaking that is a pretty good join rate.  I am still working on a few more people to try a class and I really hope they do!

In any case, Dennis and I made it to the Saturday WOD no problem.  I was really happy to see my friend Windy (one of the girls I got to join).  She is a crossfit inspiration.  She just joined about a month ago and she is trying to shed some post baby weight.  She just had a baby in March and she is using crossfit as her weight loss tool.  I am so happy that she has embraced crossfit and today we had the pleasure of being work out partners. 

The WOD was harder than usual (which is typical for a Saturday) but Windy and I (and everybody else for that matter) did a really great job. 

After the WOD Dennis and I headed down to to Washington Crossing to see two of our friends get married.  I used this opportunity to test drive one of my Vegas dresses and can I just say that I felt amazing in the dress.  I've never been so proud to be wearing a strapless dress.  On the way down to the wedding I texted Windy:

Karen:  Decided to wear a strapless dress to show off the muscles/toned shoulders.  Hope I don't intimidate anybody. Hahahahaha

Windy:  Haha! Nice :) I was just telling Matt that I would not have survived this morning w/o you!!  Hope you guys have a great time.



The wedding was beautiful and Dennis and I very much enjoyed ourselves!



WOD:
3 Rounds
20 + 20 Front Squat
20+ 20 Hang Power Clean
20+20 Push Jerk
200 Singe Jump Ropes

Done with a partner.  Partner 1 Does 20 Front Squats as Partner 2 rests.  Then Switch (Bar must never touch the ground or rack)  Each do hang cleans then once partner 1 finished 30 push Jerks, pass the bar to partner 2 and they begin their 200 single ropes.  Once finished partner 1 starts next round of front squats as partner 2 finishes their 200 single ropes...

45lbs   39:20

No comments:

Post a Comment