Tuesday, September 13, 2011

10 Days to Vegas: A New Challenge

I honestly cannot tell you who is worse between myself and Dennis.  We get so excited and involved with challenges, events, races, and anything else that requires some type of commitment and a free T-shirt. 

I try not to do too many challenges because I know that they cause me a ton of anxiety and I put a huge amount of pressure on myself to do well.  (Not to mention some are just out right expensive). 

But low and behold, with the 8 week Biggest Loser Competition done (2nd place), the Best Shape of Your Life Competition done (Dennis and I both winning 1st place in separate categories), we decided to enter the 100,000 meter in a Month Challenge.  I added a link to the flyer on the side of my page. 

Why was I drawn to this challenge?

1. I hate rowing.  I've hated it since day one when Trainer Mike put me on it back in April for the Biggest Loser Challenge.  It's comparable to a treadmill.  It sucks and it's boring. 

2. It's a challenge, not a race.  You simply have 1 month to get in 100,000 meters.  BOOYA.  Thats it. 

3. It's free.  Not a huge factor here, but it's nice to not have to fork over more money to participate in an event.


So there ya have it.  Starting September 15th, I have to log 100,000 meters on the good ol' rower.  After signing up I did the math and the numbers are staggering (ugh that is one of my least favorite business expressions).

100,000 meters in 30 Days = 3,334 meteres per Day.

If you (and by you I mean me) miss a day you have to make up those lost meters.  So now this becomes a time management challenge as well as the obvious physical part. 


Today is a rest day, I have gone to CF 3 days in a row (including the brutal 9/11 WOD) and I need a rest. 

1 comment:

  1. You'll do great! Those kinds of challenges (the free ones) are nice. That's why I run 5Ks...keeps giving me a goal.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete