Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 9: Temptation in the Office

My Blog Title cracked me up today because I meant it in terms of food, but could be read otherwise since the office is where I met my now husband...haha ok so anyways....

Our company (Weather Trends International) has many remote employees.  They work from home 4 out of 5 days of the week and when they do come into the office, they usually bring this:

Tony, You're Killing Me!

At first, it was awesome and I would always look forward to seeing the donuts..ahem..I mean Tony  on a weekly basis.  Since Crossfit, things have changed. 

I am now proud to say that I can go about my work day with ZERO temptation to eat any of the donuts.  I may be guilty of opening the box and smelling them (is that weird?), but I no longer indulge. 

I have to ask myself....WHY?

1. Donuts (depending on type) can have as much as 300 calories!  That equals about 30 minutes on the rower....just to break even...NO THANKS!

I'd rather NOT eat the donut, do 10 minutes on the rower and be down 100 calories for the day. 

2. They aren't filling.  When I used to eat the donut, I always remembered not feeling satisfied afterwards.  Which would lead to me either eating another donut or something else.  Which is BAD!

Now that I've been on the Paleo/Zone Diet for a week, I'm ALWAYS eating and never "starving." Feeding times are:  8:00am, 10:00am, 12:00pm, 3:00, and finally 7:00pm.  I am eating good/healthy foods that keep me full and are actually contributing to the well being of my health and body.

My will power is out of this word (which was proven this past weekend at Laurie's Wedding).  Rehearsal dinner, cake and cookies "no thanks", Wedding cake, "no thanks", weekly donuts "no thanks".  Clearly I've committed and I truly hope to be successful with my strict dieting.  

Skill:

WOD:
For Time
10 Deadlifts (Bar 35 + Weights 40 = 75 Total)
50 Abmat Situps
8 Deadlifts
40 Abmat Situps
6 Deadlifts
30 Abmat Situps
4 Deadlifts
20 Abmat Situps
2 Deadlifts

9:54

No comments:

Post a Comment