Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 16: Ode to the Kettlebells

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to check the WOD and see a Kettlebell workout.  Kettlebell's are my absolute favorite! So if I am on the fence about workingout, and Kettlebells are included in the WOD I don't skip.   


Step D: arms continue up straight so you can see your ears from the side

10 weeks ago I started with a Kettlebell weighing 16lbs.  Now I am using a 30lbs weight and I am almost at 36lbs, which is 1 Pood.  The RX weight is 54lbs or 1.5 Pood. 

I first thought that the Kettlebell was good for arm strength, but it is actually targeting the core.  Today when I was swinging the Kettlebell, I was tightening my core and boy did I feel strong.  I truly believe my abb muscles are forming, it is just going to take some strict dieting to remove the few inches of fat that are hiding them. 

Besides today being an enjoyable workout, a fellow Crossfitter made it a point to approach me to tell me that I look like I've been losing weight!  How awesome is that?!?  IF I get brave enough, I may post before and after pictures, we shall see. 

I am VERY excited for tomorrow's WOD.  Crossfit610 offers a free woman's only class for non-memebers and my friends Jackie and Leigh-Ann are coming with me to try it out!  If any of you readers (Female) would like to come to a trial class, please just let me know. 

I am an ordinary person doing extraordinary things at Crossfit610...why not you too!


SKILL:
Row under 1:55 for as long as possible
1:19

WOD:
15 Minute AMRAP
21-15-9
Box Jumps 
Kettlebell   (30 lbs)
Sit Up to Get Up (no hands)

182 Reps

No comments:

Post a Comment