Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 3: How it All Started

Dennis and I joined Crossfit pretty much on a whim after having our first weigh in for The ROC Social Club's Biggest Loser: Lehigh Valley Competition.  Crossfit was a sponsoring gym and was the location of the first weigh in.

I had no intention of joining since I already belonged to LA Fitness and planned on working out the only way I knew, aerobically.  

Through out the weigh in Dennis got more and more excited about Crossfit and before I knew it I was signing up for an 8 week membership with Dennis.  So it started from there. 

The next 8 weeks of my life were HELL (which I will get into later on in my blogging) but the results were worth it:


From This
To This in 8 Weeks
Dennis and I did not win the actual competition, we came in 2nd place, 1st places winners are shown in the above picture, but Dennis was "The Biggest Loser" individually losing 21lbs.  I lost 13lbs, which was an awesome feeling.  

After the 8 week trial we decided to commit to a full year with Crossfit and lucky for us they were just starting their Best Shape of My Life Challenge, which of course Dennis and I signed up for.  



Today I am continuing my diet as planned, but will not be going to a WOD.  My legs and thighs are very sore and decided I needed a rest day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment