Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snow...snow....snow.....snow?

Working for a Weather Company and eventually marrying a meteorologist, weather has always been a hot topic.

On Friday, I knew there was going to be some snow over the weekend and possibly ruining my running plans. I am now regretting selling my treadmill and quitting LA Fitness for this very reason.

Ok did I just type that? Having a treadmill, I agree is convenient, but when it comes to preparing for a race isn't all that helpful. Nothing is better than real outside running.

The nice thing about getting a WOD in on Saturday afternoon was we were able to hit the slopes for a couple hours Saturday night which is certainly a good leg workout in itself.

So there I was, cozy in my pajamas on a nice lazy Sunday when I decide to go outside and brave the snowy conditions for my longest run to date.

After getting as warm as I was going to get, it wasn't too terrible. I mean yes it was cold, the paths weren't completely clear, and my shoulders were exceptionally sore, but nothing really I could use as a good excuse. I got through the first 3.5 miles with little effort and the last mile and a half I mentally had to convince myself I could do it.

And I did.

Five miles was very challenging and I'm glad I didn't walk one step of it but I now see how hard running these races are going to be.

WOD:
5 mile run in 49:06

No comments:

Post a Comment