Wednesday, January 4, 2012

No Excuses & 2012 Goal #1

I watched The Biggest Loser yesterday and I am very much in love with their theme this season, "No Excuses!" 

Excuses are things that people use and make up to justify not doing something, typically when it comes to working out and/or dieting. 

NORMALLY when I sign up for running events I say I am going to train and then I make up excuses.  But not this time.  Here is my training schedule leading up to my 10k and then my 10 Miler. 


So far, I have gone 2.5 weeks without making any excuses.  I ran outside, in the cold, in the dark, in the rain, alone, and even after a morning WOD (aprox 7am).  My co-workers think I am nuts, but I refuse to make excuses for myself. 

When the schedule says run, I run and when the schedule says crosstrain, I crossfit.  It is working out very nicely.  I adjust the schedule as needed.  (I rest when I can't run or get to Crossfit610). 

Why am I doing this to myself?  I know that running was my least favorite excercise and I struggle following through with training programs so I figured this was a challenging yet achievable goal for me.   

So for now my first 2012 goal is to successfully complete a 10k, a 10 miler, and a half marathon. 

Stay tuned for more 2012 Goals!!



Tuesday:

Ran 3 Miles


Wednesday:

Strength
Squat Snatch Ladder
55,65,75,85,95

Failed at 85lbs

WOD
5 Rounds
9 Deadlifts
6 Hang Snatch
3 Overhead Squats

Pick One Weight for all Movements: 55lbs

8:45


No comments:

Post a Comment