Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Let's Talk Protein and Goal #3

Never in a million years did I think I would ever be "lifting weights" and in my entire workout career, I had never drank a protein shake.  I associated protein shakes with muscle heads and on a side note, they taste gross.  Then something magical happened.......
 

  As my Crossfit career grew, so did my need for something for my poor broken muscles after a WOD.  Reformed Fatty aka my Husband has let me tried his variety of protein shake flavors and I could barely stand the smell of them.  LUCKILY I stumbled upon Arbonne Protein and it was love ever since.

This Whey-less protein is not only great for my muscles post workout, but it tastes like a delicious chocolate milkshake.  I honestly believe drinking one of these curbs my cravings for desserts.  And look at my color coordinated drinking bottles I have to go with it!

 

I have finally decided on my third and possibly final goal for 2012.  (I am going to have to revise my 2nd Goal after my trip) But I'm pretty sure about this one.  I have come a long way with my eating habits, but there is just one more thing I would like to tweak.  I want to eat more vegetables and less fruit.  I know it sounds a little picky, but I know that fruits are high in sugar and carbs.  I think that if I cut my fruit intake to 2 serverings per day (before noon) and replace the rest of my carb blocks of the day with veggies, my progress in shaping my body will increase.

Goal #3:  Only eat two blocks of fruit per day and it must be before noon.  All other Carb blocks will be vegetables. 


Tuesday:

3 Mile Run (29:32)

Wednesday:

Strength
8x1 Squat Snatch @ 50% = 45lbs

WOD
"Isabelle"
30 Snatches for Time

4:45 @ 70lbs

GHD

No comments:

Post a Comment