Monday, January 9, 2012

1st Girl of 2012 and I Did Her RX'd

Welcome to my 4th Week of my 10k Training!  I am excited to start this new week and I've never felt more confidant about finishing this training schedule than ever before.

With today being Monday, I only had to Crossfit today, and lately Dennis and I have been really great about making the 6am class.  I made sure to go to bed early on Sunday, and just like magic we were ready to start the workout week bright and early. 

Now keep in mind that this training schedule has me running about every other day, and then cross training in between, plus a rest day, and then one horrible day when I have to do both running and crossfit. 

When I saw today's WOD, I couldn't help but laugh.

"Nancy"
5 Rounds
400 Meter Run
15 Over Head Squats

Seriously......a 1.25 mile run broken up into 5 Rounds....THIS IS MY NO RUNNING DAY!!!  And with Over Head Squats being one of my least favorite lifts, I was not happy. 

I was a little apprehensive choosing my OHS weight.  15 Reps was a lot, and I think the most I've done was 55lbs.  So that was my choice.  When I loaded my bar, Dennis gave me that, "c'mon, you can do more" look and clearly trainer Molly was in the same mind set, because she so nicely added 10lbs making it 65lbs (which was prescribed for women). 

It took me longer to do the WOD, but at the end I was happy I started of 2012 with a RX'd Girl. 

yes,yes I know my elbows are VERY double jointed...



Strength:
7 x 3 Back Squat
85% 1 Max Rep

I did 115lbs I wasn't sure what my 1 rep max was

WOD:
Nancy
5 Rounds
400 Meter Run
15 OHS

Sub 25....Cant remember the Official time

GHDS

No comments:

Post a Comment