Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Running Report Card

I don't want to lose sight of my New Year's resolutions and as quick as only 18 days into January, I feel like I need a check up.


Goal #1:  Successfully complete a 10k, a 10 miler, and a half marathon. 

Goal #2:  To be Bikini ready by my trip. 

Goal #3:  Only eat two blocks of fruit per day and it must be before noon.  All other Carb blocks will be vegetables. 


I'm going to start from the bottom up (Molly did you like that reference to my most hated Crossfit song?). 

Goal #3:  So far:  Average to below average rating.  I have reduced the amount of fruit I have been eating, all of it before noon, BUT I have not increased the amount of vegetables.  I need to find some good ideas for snacks that are made of veggies.  Any ideas readers?

Goal #2:  So far:  Average to slightly above average.  I have been good about making trips to the gym, running, and my diet has been just ok.  I've had some cheats here and there, usually beer, or the occasional carb from a non fruit or veggie.  I am starting to see some upper ab lines form, but I still have a long way to go.  Time is ticking!

Goal #1:  So far:  Excellent to slightly below excellent.  I have signed up for each of the listed distance races and I have been 98% true to my workout schedule.  I was really nervous about week four (the most likely time I would quit) but I'm halfway through week 5 and I've never felt better about my running. 

I was hesitant about posting my speeds, mostly because they were  horrible, but as run more and more, I am getting faster and faster.  Note: I do not care what my times are for the races, completion is the goal here. 


Some of the Runs were done AFTER Crossfit...Jan 13th cough cough


How are you doing with your New Year's Resolutions thus far?



No comments:

Post a Comment