Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hypothetical Hangover

Completely hypothetical situation:


It's Friday and you have plans to go to a party at 7:00pm.  Your boss let you out of work an hour early and now you have a head start on the weekend.  Smart thing to do, use that extra hour to get your run in, then get ready for the night's festivities.  


Despite the cold, you REALLY don't want to run, and basically throwing a mini fit about having to run, a voice of reason talks you into just going and getting it over with.  You angerly put on your running clothes and run a good 3 miles in 29:03 (hypothetically). DONE. And unknowingly, you motivate somebody else to do the same.  


Hypothetically, you get dressed to go to the gym, but this time instead of workout clothes, you wear jeans because the party is actually at your gym.  Which by the way, seeing fellow gym buddies in civilian clothes rather than workout clothes was slightly amusing.  


Then it gets a bit fuzzy.......


First casual drinking.....then....beer pong....then butt tests.....more beer pong....and suddenly you are almost 10 beers deep.  And for you, that is WAY too many beers.  


The party is over and you get home, only to realize that you left your house keys that were attached to the bottle opener at the gym. UGH.  While your husband tries to break into the house, you think that standing at the door and repeatedly pushing the door bell will help (which by the way, does not).  


In a drunken stooper you suddenly realize what is going to happen and make your way into the bathroom and the race between sleep and puke is now on.  Sadly you know who is going to win this race, and when its over you fall asleep on the bathroom floor, but not without updating your status one last time to "suck it."  


Ok readers, I need to come clean, believe it or not, this is not hypothetical at all. 


When I woke up this morning, I felt really crappy and slightly hungover.  The only cure?  Water and time.  Instead of wasting the day, I got up, cooked a delicious meal and prepared to go to the open gym.  Perfect opportunity to do my Asshole WOD.  




Obviously I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I added 20lbs the "Grace" and I spent some time working on my unassisted pull ups.  I think out of all my attempts I got one, but until I am 100% sure, I am going to save the celebrating.  




I hope everybody has a great weekend and enjoys the snow!!  Thanks again Mike and Molly for having the Crossfit party, I had a really fun time!!!!




WOD:


Grace
30 Clean & Jerks (85lbs)


6:20


Skill:
Worked on unassisted pull ups







No comments:

Post a Comment