Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mental & Physical Rest Day



Today I had a stressful day.  Locked into my training program, and with a busy weekend ahead I should have gone to Crossfit and ran 2 miles.  But physically I needed a rest.  My body was aching and I honestly couldn't remember my last rest day without going though my blog. 

There is a saying on Crossfit610's wall, Over training is for the weak, Resting is for the Strong, and Recovery is for the Elite.  I have to remember that rest days are just as important as the workouts themselves.  Even if I took an unplanned rest day, I will still be able to stay on track.

After having a mini melt down about this, I saw the above picture on facebook and it literally brought me to tears.  Especially the last line.  My good friends that are non crossfitters think I am insane but I always tell them they are just as capable of doing the things I do!  I stand by the fact that I am an ordinary person doing extraordinary things (in the gym).   


Thursday: REST DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment