Sunday, January 8, 2012

Row Dreams & New View on Food


Unquestionably, I am one of the stronger girl rowers at 610.  I am in 2nd place for the 500 meter row and 3rd place for the 5,000 meter row.  I was very excited on Thursday night to see that Friday's WOD included a 2,000 meter row for time.  

At last, my chance to get my name up on the board for another event.  

I attended the 6am class and was very excited for the row.  3-2-1 go!  I finished in 8:24:7, and I was hopeful and slightly confident that I was going to place.  Turns out, I only showed.  (You know you like that horse racing terminology).  

For those of you who do not bet on the ponies, I came in 4th.  I was extremely impressed with the 3 other ladies that rowed faster than me and even though I was hoping to make the top three, I simply saw it as something to shoot for next time we have a 2k for time.  


I am also very happy to report that today, I have completed my third week of training for my 10k race.  I have been loyal to both Hal Higdon and Crossfit610.  And I am adding another person to my "fit" life.  Rachel Ray.  Ever since I've been capable to cook for myself, I have LOVED Rachel's foods. Since going paleo, I completely discarded the thought that any of her recipes could be paleo friendly until one day, I was flipping through and noticed that I removed only a few things (mostly cheese and bread) I could find 1 in 5 foods that I could still make.  




This is the first book I'm going to work through because her express lane meals are significantly easier than her typical meals and there is more of a chance of me finding something that will work with my constraints.  


Once I figure out how, I will add a recipe section to the blog of meals I've tried and liked!  




Friday:


Skill
2,000 Meter Row for Time
8:24:7


WOD
10 Minute AMRAP
50 Kettlebell Swings (Buy In) 16KG
5 Chest to Bar Pull Ups (Purple Band)
10 Hand Stand Push Ups (2 Abb Matts)
15 Front Squats (65lbs)


1+5


Extra Credit : Ran 2 Miles




Saturday:


WOD:
Run 1 Mile
21 Clean & Jerks (85lbs)
Run 1/2 Mile
21 Clean & Jerks (85lbs)
Run 1 Mile


43:45




Sunday:


Ran 4 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment