Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Tortoise and the Hare

Since back at Crossfit I've had a sinking feeling that my head is no longer in my work outs. 

I show up for the WODs, I complete the WODs, but something is different. 

I look at the white board and think, "not too bad" (which I know I will immediately regret saying) and when that 3...2...1...GO sounds, I feel as if I have gone backwards with my endurance and speed. 



Thinking back to Biggest Loser I was given the WOD and I would simply hope that I could finish.  I would take a break when needed, stop if I had too, and just get through it.  Time didn't matter. 

As the weeks went on I specifically remember not breaking as much and, even though I didn't really CARE about my times, the were improving.  I was still finishing in the bottom half of the pack (pack being people in the same class or people on the white board) but my times were at least getting better. 

Somewhere, somehow I feel as if I have gone backwards.  And I actually caught myself saying "Slow and Steady wins the race."  WTF kind of attitude is that when "Do it Again, Faster" is a common phrase. 

Yes if the AMRAP is 30 minutes and its box jumps and heavy lifting you are going to PACE yourself, but pacing is way different that already accepting having a slow time before the WOD starts.

I want to blame it on the fact that I was out for a week or so and just "getting back into it" but I can't hide behind that forever.  So I guess I just have to get over myself, push myself, and freakin be faster!!!





Endurance:
2k Row - 9 Minutes

Strength
3 Power Cleans in 20 Seconds
9 Sets
55lbs

5 Minute Time Cap

WOD:
3 Rounds
20 Hand Release Pushups
10 Kettlebell Swings 1 pood
30 DU

8:06

Skill:
Farmers Carry Hold w/Barbell (55lbs)
3 Rounds of Max Effort

Total: 2 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment