Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crossfit Total = Best Day of the Year

Move over Santacon (google this if you don't know what this is), Crossfit Total is the NEW best day of the year!!


Millions of Santas, Santas for me, Millions of Santas, Santas for free
Crossfit total is the day that you find your 1 rep max for Back Squat, Shoulder Press, and Deadlift.  It's important to know these numbers, because that is what your Strength and WOD weights are based off.  


And of course Crossfit Total is scheduled on a day I can't make it.  


Knowing that it was important to get this done (and it being the best day of the year) I decided to come to 610 at 5pm to get my Totals done, and then stay after to do the WOD.  


I must say, I was very happy with my results!


So this is how it works.  Starting with the back squat you get 3 attempts to do 1 rep of how ever much weight you can.  So you want to start at a weight that you KNOW you can do, but you don't want to start too low, because you only get 3 times to increase your weight.  




Back Squat: 155lbs
Shoulder Press: 75lbs
Dead Lift: 175


Crossfit Total = 405


According to the Women's Class Rankings, I am between Intermediate and Advance for my body weight.  I have lots of room to improve, but I certainly have come a long way.  






Endurance:
300 Meter Row x 5
45 Seconds Rest Between Rounds


WOD:
4 Rounds
400 Meter Run (in the freezing rain)
8 "Get Out of the Pools" on the rings
40 DU


18:47

No comments:

Post a Comment