Saturday, November 12, 2011

Why I Hate Shopping for Clothes

1. I refuse to buy anything at full price. I have to use a coupon or it must be on sale. 

2. I have no sense of style.  I can never decided if I "like" something or not, and typically something that I 100% like is not on sale. 

3. IF I do find something that I like and is on sale (or I have a coupon for) I have to try it on.  9 times out of 10 it doesn't fit my awkward body type or I simply don't like it.  

4. The process starts allllllllllll over again, and with every failed attempt to find something I like, I get more and more upset/frustrated.  



Over the last few months I've been having an issue with my work pants.  They were either too big (both in the waste and the legs) or they were too small.  This was really bugging me since getting dressed for work was something I had to do 5 days a week and I hated it.  

So I decided, that when I saw NY&Co was having a "Spend $200, pay $100" coupon, I would order as many new pants as I could.  Now I've purchased pants for NY&Co before and they have at least 100 different types of pants.  I decided I would order online so I could carefully make my selections and if anything didn't work out, I could just exchange them in the store.  

A few days later my package arrived and I was so eager to see if these pants would save me from my morning clothing dilemma.  

Nope.

The waists were find, with a little room, but the legs were way to loose.  And this is why I hate my body!!!  My waist, I thought, was a 10.  NY&Co makes it so that if your waist is a 10, so are your legs.  And for me, that is not the case.  

So my plan was to go to a NY&Co store, try the size down and see if those would fit.  I was really doubtful that the 8's would fit but, if I didn't try, I would be stuck with these pants that didn't work.  So after dinner (brilliant move Karen) I went to the store and to my delight, I not only fit into the 8's but the exchange process was easy as pie!  So I left the store with 4 new work pants in the slim size of 8!!!!!  Maybe I will FINALLY like clothes shopping now!!

hahaha, yeah right.  





No comments:

Post a Comment