Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Practice What You Hate

After months and months of crossfitting, I am finally able to associate a weight lifting movement with it's name.  And now since I know the names of each movement, I was able to name my two least favorites.  Snatch and Overhead Squats. 

I think I hate squatting in general but the Overhead Squats are the WORST! 

So you could just imagine my delight when I saw today's WOD:

5 Power Snatches
5 Overhead Squats
10 Burpee Pull Ups

Groaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! (Mind you this is the 6am class)

I check the WODs the night before so I know what I am in for and I could have easily said, nope, not going.  But I also know that if you never practice the things you suck at and always practice the things you are good at....you will never get better! 


Endurance:
20 Push Ups
20 DU
20 Mountain Climbers
20 Jumping Pull Ups
200 Meter Row

WOD:
15 Minute AMRAP
5 Power Snatches (55lbs)
5 Overhead Squats (55lbs)
10 Burpee Pull Ups

4+11

No comments:

Post a Comment