Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Halfway Through Hell Week...and I'm Still Alive!


Halfway through the "Hell" week and I am still alive!  I have been true to Crossfit, making it to 3 morning classes in a row and still keeping all my after work commitments! 

I want to get 1 more WOD in this week, most likely an active rest day tomorrow, WOD Friday, and then resting on Saturday and Sunday. 


So I had an interesting situation happen to me this morning at crossfit.  Here was today's WOD:

2 Rounds
20 Wall Balls (14lbs)
20 Knees 2 Elbows on Rings
20 Box Jumps (24)
20 HRPU

I knew I could do both the 14lb ball and the 24 inch box......sweet!  A new RX'd WOD.  Or so I thought. 

I went through the WOD, and after recovering Trainer Molly comes up to me and goes.  "So I'm not giving you the RX'd."  And I knew exactly why not.  For a wall ball to count, you have to hit the 10 foot mark on the wall, which is a solid red line.  If you don't, the rep doesn't count and you have to redo it. 

There were a few that just missed and/or graced the line, and I stupidly counted them.  Obviously Trainer Molly was not fooled. 

I found myself in a Bitter/Sweet situation.   

I was Bitter that I blew my chance of having the RX next to my name, and I probably missed the target 5-7 times, something I could have easily corrected. 

It was sweet because it made me realize how Trainer Molly was paying attention to me and my performance, and she wasn't going to let me get away with anything less then the standards.  Even though she told me what I did wrong, she also told me to co5rrect the problem, she suggested I slowed down my reps to make sure I make them count.  She also reassured me that its great that I've moved up the 14lb ball. 

You Be The Judge!!!


Strength:

Squat Snatch
8x1 Working up to 1 Rep Max

65lbs....failed at 70lbs

WOD:
2 Rounds
20 Wall Balls (14lbs)
20 Knees 2 Elbows on Rings
20 Box Jump (24inch)
20 HRPU

12:32

Cash Out:
5 Minutes to get your most strung together DU

Score = 16 (not my best)

1 comment: