Monday, November 14, 2011

Hell Week

I am taking bets on what day this week I crash. 

After a weekend full of drinking, late nights, and little sleep, I am faced with an ultra busy week.  Both socially and physically. 

In light of my now TWO 5k's coming up, I have agreed to run with my co-worker 3 days a week after work.  In order to keep up with my Crossfitting, I have to go to the 6am classes, witch in turn means, less sleep.

Not to mention my dinner plans on Wednesday, trip to CT Friday, and I have to fit grocery food shopping in and I desperately need new shoes. 


Don't feel sorry for me, I do this to myself, and I do it to myself often. 



Today's workout (despite my early morning grogginess) was actually very enjoyable.  I felt very strong on the wall climbs and I felt myself driving up trying to get my chest to the wall.  I was going to attempt doing the Push Press' with the RX 75lbs, but I'm glad I decided to drop down to 65lbs last minute.  I would do 5in a row, drop, and then finish the last 5.  I think secretly I just wanted to clean the bar twice per round.  I heart Cleaning the bar.  The lateral jumps were funny to do with no shoes on, but I was able to do those unbroken. 

I didn't have much expectations for the 500 meter row, hell, I didn't even know we had a Cash Out until after the WOD.  I sat down and just killed it.  Trainer Molly walked over while I was rowing and kept me in line to keep my pace.  She was encouraging me to keep it up, and I know that helped me get a good time. 

I know I've said this in past blogs, but you have to celebrate your wins!!! 


Endurance:
2 Rounds
5 Push Ups
10 Pull Ups
20 DU

Strength:
2 x 5 Back Squat (65%) 115lbs (which was too much)
2 x 5 Shoulder Press (65%) 45lbs

WOD:
3 Rounds
5 Wall Climbs (no shoes)
10 Push Press 65lbs
15 Lateral Bar Jumps

11:50 (I think, may have been 12:50)

Cash Out:
500 Meter Row
1:49.4 PR!

1 comment: