Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lots of "K's" this Week

This week I participated in two 5k's.  One I was pretty happy with myself and one I was not too proud about.  Let's start with the first.

Lights in the Parkway 5k

I had originally signed up for the Jingle Bell 5k Run for Arthritis and was pretty pumped about it.  I then realized that the race was the morning AFTER the Annual O'Donnell Holiday Party, so I didn't think it would be a stellar run.  Then I heard the ROC Social Club was holding a 5k in the parkway at night to see the lights.  I figured this would be a great opportunity to A. practice a 5k, B. Get a real sense of my running ability, and C. See the Lights in the Parkway.  

My two initial goals were to beat my last 5K race time, (28:48 at the Labor Day 5k in Cape Cod) and to run the entire race.  

Unbelievably, I got the EXACT same time as my last 5k.  My loving husband helped come up with excused for this.  The courses could have been slightly different lengths, one could have been had more elevation that the other, this race didn't use time chips so it could have been a little off, and anything else to help me feel better.  I was upset with my time but.....

I was able to run every step of the race.  This is a huge accomplishment.  Of all the races, I've done, I've walked some of the race.  All except a 5k I did with my friend Jackie a while back, but our time was over 30 minutes.  So I was very happy about achieving that goal.  I was excited and I really wanted to run my hardest at the next 5k but......

  Hand Stand Keg Stand


Apparently I drank wayyyyy too much and ended up doing a hand stand keg stand.  LOL.  The night was really fun, but I didn't get go to bed until well after 4am and woke up at 7:45am to get ready for the 5k.  

Thankfully I am blessed with a "no hang over ever" body and I was ready to go.

Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis
I was really tired, but thankfully it was a nice day and my running buddy and I took it nice and easy.  We finished the run with only a couple short running breaks and finished the cross line in just over 40 minutes.  I was happy I got out and ran, but I was also very happy to go home and get some rest.  

Soon after the 5k my friend and I went to the Bethlehem Brewworks for the Brewfest where I was the DD (thank god!) while others, well, took advantage of the situation.  I find it funny that even when Dennis and I are drunk, crossfit is still part of our lives. For your viewing pleasure:





A BIG THANK YOU to all of those who made it to our Holiday Party!!  We had a really good time and we can't wait until next year's party.  

No comments:

Post a Comment