Wednesday, December 14, 2011

NBC's Biggest Loser 2011

I have to admit, Biggest Loser has become one of my weekly shows that I look forward to watching.  I didn't always enjoy the show, but last year, somebody that I actually knew was picked to be on the show.  Remember Jay Jacobs?




Since then, I have been hooked on the show.  It was a bit less interesting not personally knowing a contestant, but it was still entertaining enough, and let's be real, who doesn't LOVE to watch a weight loss transformation?  This year I was particularly interested in the way Bob Harper would train his fatties.  Reason being?  I knew that he recently started doing Crossfit.  

Every episode that I would watch, I would catch a glimpse of people doing Kettlebell Swings, Wall Balls, and other Crossfit esk moves and it would make me happy!  The one catch, they would never utter the word Crossfit on the show.  

I watched the 2011 Season finale and FINALLY one of the contestants admitted that Crossfit was the reason she was losing/maintaining her weight at home. 


The other funny thing about all of this is that since Bob started Crossfit, he challenged Jillian (the ex trainer on the Biggest Loser and fitness guru) to a common WOD on TV and to be honest, she sucked.  That made me feel so good about myself!  



"You don't have to be great to start.....but you have to start to be great"

Endurance:


500 Meter Row
10 Pull Ups (purple band)
10 Push Ups 
2 Rounds


WOD:
400 Meter Run
21-15-9
Hand Stand Push Ups
Kettlebell Swings (20kg)
400 Meter Run


Time: 15:03

1 comment: