Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Holidays!

First of all, I hope everybody had a safe, healthy, and happy holiday!


This being my 2nd Christmas as a married person I pretty much knew the drill for seeing lots and lots of family in a short time.  The funny thing of it all was the entire weekend started off with our Crossfit family. 

Christmas Eve started off with one of the hardest WOD I have ever done (see below) and I almost got my first DNF.  But thanks to my Crossfit family, I was cheered and pushed to my limit and even though the WOD took me close to 50 minutes to complete and I was in tears, I completed it, and I completed it RX'd.  So thanks again Crossfit610 family for being there for me!  I was very touched when I read Family Thanks from one of my fellow 610er's. 

Besides keeping my either 3 on 1 off or 4 WOD's a week plan I have been really focusing on my running since my 1st of three races is coming up.  I am running a 10k on Super Bowl Sunday and I need to practice! 



Here are two maps of runs I have done in past week.  The first map shows a 2 mile run I did at 7:00am and the second map shows a 3.5 mile run I did on Christmas morning.  So far I have logged 9 miles today date and with 5 weeks left until the 10k race, I hope I will be ready. 

I am going to try to Crossfit 4 days a week and run 3 days a week with 1 rest day.  If you do the math, that means I have one day per week of both Crossfit and Running. 

Obviously running this 10k, 10 Miler, and Half Marathon is part of my 2012 goal/resolution.  What resolutions and goals are you setting for youself?


Thursday:
Rest Day

Friday:
Strength

7 attempts to find your 1 rep max of:
Front Squat: 135
Snatch Squat: 65
WOD
1k Row
30 Ring Dips
30 Ring Rows

10:44
Ran 2 Miles
 Saturday:

WOD
5 Rounds
30 Box Jumps (20inches)
30 Wall Balls (14lbs)
400 Meter Run

45:50
1k Row 4:21:9

Sunday:3.5 Mile Run

Monday:
Rest

Tuesday:
Endurance
200 Meter Rows 5 times
3x7 Back Squats

WOD
7 Rounds

7 OHS (55lbs)
11 KB Swings 20kg
16:55

Wednesday:
Strength
Find your 1 rep max of Squat Snatch
75lbs

WOD
30-20-10
Rowing for Calories
Hanging Cleans (70lbs)
16:17

2 Mile Run


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Karen! Keith and I were driving all over the place to visit family too. We managed to fit in some workouts by getting free trial day passes near the parents houses.
    Awesome job on those front squats girl!! 135 is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to get in work outs when you aren't home! People tend to use the "traveling" excuse quite a bit, but it's really not a good one.

    I was very pleased with the front squat weight, I'm going to use all my 2011 stats as benchmarks for 2012.

    ReplyDelete