Friday, December 30, 2011

Goodbye 2011


Looking back on 2011, I truly cannot complain.  I celebrated my 1 year anniversary of marriage with Reformed Fatty on a cruise, I saw Ke$ha in concert twice, I went to Vegas, I had amazingly fun weekends and most of all, In April 2011, I joined Crossfit.  


2011 was by far my most active year.  I ran the Broad Street run, 2 5k's, logged almost 100 miles on my road bike,  did the ROC's Biggest Loser Challegen, Philly's Fight Gone Bad 6, Crossfit's Best Shape of Your Life Challenge, and of course, I was attending Crossfit610 at least (if not more) 3 times per week.  


My appearance, my confidence, my attitude, and my mentality have all changed for the better because of Crossfit610.  

April 2011 vs January 2012 - Front

April 2011 vs January 2012 - Side

April 2011 vs January 2012 - Back


When I first joined, I took "before" pictures (I recommend this to anybody) and today (December 31st) I took another set.  After throwing a fit about not being happy about them, Dennis calmed me down and I really looked at the differences. 


Front View -  My stomach doesn't hang down past my shorts.  Notice my belly button ring.  The before picture has it almost folded over while the after picture clearly shows it lifted and higher.  My chest is smaller.  I've dropped a full cup size.  


Side View - Even though my face isn't in the same position, the thickness of my "trunk" is much smaller in the 2nd picture.  


Back View - My shoulders are VERY much slimmer and less broad in the 2nd pictures.  My shorts are fitting lower on my waist (you can tell this by my tattoo).  In the first picture you can only see one clown fish, in the 2nd you can see both of them.  There is no extra fat around my shoulder blades.  


So there you have it.  Those pictures represent 8 months of work.  I will now use the 2nd set of photos as my 2012 before pictures and hopefully I can continue to improve.  



Thursday:

2.5 Mile Run


Friday:

Endurance
50 DU
20 Ab Matt Sit Ups
10 Push Ups

10 GHD
10 GHD (reversed)

WOD
20 Get Out of the Pools
100 Push Press (55lbs)
1,000 Meter Row

19:39

Cash Out:
5 Rouds of 20 Secound "L" holds




Saturday:


WOD
2011 Meter Row
11 HSPU
11 Jumping Lunges
11 Deadlifts (155)
11 T2B
11 Kettlebell Swings (20kg)


12 HSPU
12 Jumping Lunges
12 Deadlifts
12 T2B
12 Kettlebell Swings
2012 Meter Row


36:42

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome Karen!! The possibilities are endless in 2012! Keep up the hard work but have fun while doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the motivation! You look awesome! Look out 2012!!

    ReplyDelete