Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Why is Running Addicting?

I often feel as if I go through these phases of loving and hating running.  Since running my two 5k's and watching the Biggest Losers complete a full marathon, I have been getting the itch to make some pretty hefty running goals for 2012.  


It's always so funny how ambitious I get in December. 



Since college when I got into running the most, I wanted to run a series of races.  


5k
10k
10 Miler
Half Marathon
Something Between this distance
Marathon


-OR-


Pledge to run "X" amount of miles in a year.  (Similar to the 100,000 meter rowing challenge that I failed).  




I suggested this to Reformed Fatty last night while watching the Biggest Loser and I could tell he had his reservations about this type of goal.  


The longest running race I've completed was the 10 Mile Broad Street Run and I swore that was going to be the max distance of running races I'd ever run because it was really really really really really hard.  Side Note:  I stopped training for it and I had just barely started Crossfit before running the race.  


So I think the reason why it was really really really hard was because I really really really didn't put too much effort into training.  And as I type these words I know it all goes back to my fear of success and my fear of failure.  Oh the tangled webs we weave!  


I am not sure what 2012 has in store for me just quite yet, but until then I will continue to think very long and hard about my fitness goals, and how I am going to achieve them.  



Monday

Endurance:
250 Row
10 Ab Mat Sit ups
3 Rounds

Strength:
3x2 Back Squats
3x2 Push Press from Behind

WOD:
12 Minute AMRAP
10 Kettlebell Swings (16kg)
20 Double Unders
10 Dead lifts (135lbs)

4+35


Tuesday

Strength:
3x7 Squat Cleans (65lbs)

WOD:
21-15-9
Overhead Squats (55lbs)
Box Jumps (24inch)

10:22

Cash Out:
Max Rep Pull Up: 7 w/Purple Band

GHD Work


Wednesday


Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment