Wednesday, December 21, 2011

No Time Like the Present

After an amazing weekend, it was time for me to finally get serious about my dieting, since after all, diet is just as important as working out.  Lately I've totally relaxed on what I've been eating and I'm starting to feel that uncomfortable strain in my clothes. 

So Sunday I pack and prepare my food for the day on Monday and off I go. 

So far so good, 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, 1 apple, 1 Clementine, and 6 Cashews for breakfast.  Another Clementine for snack, and then well, my boss brings in a plate of freshly made Christmas Cookies. 

Karen - Resist!  (and I did)

Then, it is announced that our boss is taking us out to lunch for Habachi....aka noodle heaven. 

Karen - Resist!  (and I did.  I replaced noodles with extra veggies). 

Later on, we got a delivery from our Accountant.  I am not kidding you.  5lbs of chocolate covered cashews.  Now part of me was going to justify the fact that cashews are paleo......but:

Karen - Resist (and I have even though there are still about 3lbs left in the office).

For dinner I eat the hibachi left over Shrimp and veggies, which made for a pretty successful day!  Boy that was hard, but I made it resiting all those temptations.

Tuesday starts off the very same way.  Good work on breakfast and mid morning snack and then, boom!  Our OTHER boss wants to take us out for lunch.  (Seriously? this never happens).  I really wanted something non paleo and delicious, but:

Karen - Resist!  (and I did, ordered a Chicken BLT salad, really good too!)

Today was the day I decided to start my running training program and what do you know, my running buddy is stuck in traffic and its really cold and raining out...but:

Karen - DON'T MAKE EXCUSES (and I didn't, I ran 2.5 miles alone, in the dark, and in the cold rain). 

Today started out pretty normal again and when I went into the kitchenette to fill up my water bottle, I see two huge containers filled with amazing smelling cookies and treats!  This is unbelievable.

Karen - Resist!  (Nothing tastes better than losing those extra pounds).  


Holy crap was this is hard week to start!  But you know what, if I can make it through all that in week 1, just think how easy it will be to get through the next few weeks.


Monday:

Endurance:
30 DU
400 Meter Run
10 Burpees
2 Rounds

WOD:
5 Rounds
15 Wall Balls (14lbs)
10 Pistols (Scaled)
15 Kettlebell Swings (20kg)

500 Meter Row: 1:54

20:56


Tuesday:

2.5 Mile Run


Wednesday: 

WOD:
5k Row
21:12:04 (?)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Karen! I hope everyone reads this for that little bit of motivation :) You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Karen! This is such a good example of enjoying holiday celebrations while still staying on track. My office has basically been a bakery the past week. I'm ok with a treat here and there, but it's been hard to keep myself from diving head first into an orgy of sugar.

    ReplyDelete